Singapore is really an interesting land with many strange things that not everyone knows. Here are the strange but true things in Singapore that make you surprised when traveling to this country.
Singapore tourism is becoming increasingly attractive and attracting tourists around the world. Singapore has its own unique culture and rules that must be followed. Anyone before coming here will need to thoroughly understand this issue. Therefore, to have a fun, complete and meaningful trip, please note the following things.
- Do not eat chewing gum on the street, if you do not comply, you will be severely punished.
- Do not eat on the subway (MRT) otherwise you will be fined.
- Present your passport when buying goods and request to receive a refund invoice (invoice value from $ 100-500 Sing), procedures to receive 7% tax refund at the airport.
- Buy phone sim, use MRT card at the airport. You should buy EZ Link card to go all vehicles in Singapore.
- Get the Singapore travel map and RMT map at the airport or tourist map at the hotels.
- Try to use your right hand in social transactions, such as shaking hands or giving flowers or gifts.
- Remove shoes before entering your own home or place of worship (except churches and synagogues).
- If you want to give gifts to Singaporeans, you should ask over the reception for helpful advice.
- Internet usage: if you travel to Singapore with a laptop, free wifi is everywhere, your motel may also have free internet, most public places, shopping malls, McDonalds, Starbucks, The library is free. But you need a phone number to register.
- When traveling to Singapore, you should bring a visa/master card to book tickets or an online hotel, which will save a lot of expenses.
- According to statistics, visitors usually reduce significantly in July and August. This is a good time for you to buy cheap flights to Singapore.